The “Emerald New Star” Kaito Kiyomiya made his debut on December 9th 2015 for Pro Wrestling NOAH. Kiyomiya is a graduate of the Pro Wrestling NOAH dojo and went on a learning excursion to Canada in 2017 to get more wrestling experience and experience different styles of wrestling.
Kiyomiya’s style of wrestling is that he is a good all-rounder. While he doesn’t excel at brawling, high flying or have exceptional technical skills. Kiyomiya has great basics. The fact that he has great basics means that he is very consistent – rarely putting on a bad match. Kiyomiya isn’t the flashiest wrestler, but he isn’t dull as he has a few flashy moves.
He may have only won two championships but the future is bright for both NOAH and Kiyomiya. He holds the record for the youngest GHC Heavyweight and GHC Tag Team champion in history.
First GHC Heavyweight title reign
For 384 days Kaito Kiyomiya was the GHC heavyweight champion. In terms of matches (barring one minor disappointing match), the defences ranged from good to match of the year contender.
At the start of the reign, he was getting dominated in the ring but somehow coming out on top by the end – he controlled his fair share of sections in his matches.
He showed fire and determination in these matches that few can match. He went from a polite champion to a man that had a little arrogance about him an edge that only a successful champion could have. The pressure that was put on him the day the ref’s hand hit 3 in the match he won the belt to the release of the pressure on the day he lost it grew significantly.
He could have crumbled while holding the belt due to the pressure but he eventually rose up. While at the start his character may have been lacking, he was able to get any doubter onside with his impressive in-ring work. By the end, he was a champion who had the in-ring work and the slight edge that all great champions have. Kaito Kiyomiya is the future ace of NOAH and a man who will have a significant hand in steering the ark going forward.
- GHC Heavyweight Championship (most defences in a reign: 6) (total days held: 384 days)
- GHC Tag Team (most defences in a reign: 0) (total days held: 30 days)
- Global Tag League 2018(NOAH)
- Global League 2018(NOAH)
- Tiger Suplex
- Senton off the apron
- Inverted DDT from top rope
- Chicken wing facelock
- Kaito Kiyomiya vs. Takashi Sugiura (NOAH Global Junior Tag League 2019 – Night 7)
- Go Shiozaki vs. Kaito Kiyomiya (NOAH In Korakuen Hall Day 1 – NEW SUNRISE)
- Kaito Kiyomiya vs. Naomichi Marufuji (NOAH Great Voyage 2019 In Yokohama)
- Kaito Kiyomiya vs. Kenoh (NOAH Navigation For The Future 2019 – Night 1 & NOAH The Best 2019)